Sunday, July 15, 2018

Live Wire over Dr. Pepper?!

(EDITOR'S NOTE -- I started this post 3 years ago. I find it interesting that since I wrote this, prior to publishing this, so much had changed. But I still stand by my review. Interesting how things can change over time...) 

I remember when Mt Dew Live Wire was first released and came to an end.  It was to that point unfathomable to believe that an orange sofa could outdo Sunkist.  But Mt Dew did.  Then with the end of summer came the end of Love Wire.  A couple of years later it returned.  

This was so good that not a few times had I skipped the Dr. Pepper for Live Wire,  maybe a often as 1/3 of the time.  Then one day I stopped doing them on the shelves.  Mt Dew's official website didn't list Live Wire as a current flavor.  And now with new releases, I've been keeping my eyes open,  looking for that orange box of goodness. 

Then yesterday I spotted them next to the green boxes.  They are back! But the 12 pack wasn't on sale.  Then I found a 20 ounce bottle.  I purchased it. 

Today I was determined to write about the return of my favorite orange soda,  the one that I'd easily grab instead of the black Dr. Pepper. 

How I was disappointed. It seems that Mt Dew changed the recipe.  Maybe I became too old for the Dew.  So now the point of this post is to repent of my willingness to prefer another drink instead of Cherry Dr. Pepper,  or even the original DP.

So unless you are a diehard Dew fan,  skip Live Wire.  Forget that I've said that it's like drinking a carbonated orange.  Now reach for that black can of Dr. Pepper! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment